Monday, October 20, 2014

Timed Prompt: Christmas Breakfast

Nicholas Reynolds
Class: C
October 20, 2014
Timed Prompt

It was Christmas Eve. Fog stuck to the tarmac at Lindbergh Field. I woke up at the crack of dawn (like I do every morning) to get my touches in for soccer. As I approached Lindbergh Field A gust of snow blew in front of my car, blinding me and nearly making me crash. The temperature was well below freezing and I was forced to bundle up in a warm coat and soccer pants with gloves and a soft hat. I began to juggle, trying to beat my previous record of 644 juggles in a row. While I was in the middle of juggling, I heard a strange noise behind me. I don’t know what was so strange about it, but something wasn't right. No one else comes here around this time, so I quickly stopped juggling and looked up to see who was there. As I looked up and made eye contact with the beast, I froze. I had realized that I was face to face with a huge brown bear. Without hesitation I screamed and ran for my car. I quickly put my keys into the ignition and floored it leaving behind my soccer ball. This morning was going horrible already. Not realizing what the time was, I discovered that I was late for breakfast at my mothers house! I bolted to my house and quickly took a shower and got dressed. I then jumped in my car and headed straight for her house. I was terrified that everyone would be waiting on me to get there before they started eating. I felt ashamed, but as I opened her front door, everyone was excited to see me. I guess they were too hungry to be mad at me for making them wait. We then said our prayers and chowed down on belgian waffles. As it turned out, this wasn't the worst Christmas Eve as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment