Sunday, September 28, 2014

Unreliable Author (FINAL)

Nick Reynolds
September 28, 2014
Class: C
Unreliable Author

            I could not bear to see this ugly man. He had just moved here from Arizona and supposedly liked playing soccer like me and the rest of my friends. He wasn't very good though. In fact, he was terrible. The shape of his face bothered me and his presence just fueled my temper. All of my friends loved him however. They were always hanging out with this man and playing soccer with him. They have completely ditched me. They blew me off for some ugly guy who is horrible at soccer. Soon they spent every day hanging out with this man. The more I think about him the more my boiling temper rises. What’s so special about this man? I tried not to think about it. My friends asked me to go play a pick-up game of soccer with them like we have always done, just the four of us. But then as I walked closer, I looked up to discover the unpleasant view of the ugly beast that stood before me. That man was right there playing soccer with MY friends. When I asked to join they told me I couldn’t because the teams would be uneven.
            It was officially the worst day of my life. My friends betrayed me. They plain out ditched me for some ugly freak. I told them to stop being friends with this man, but they kept saying that Apollo was cool and they liked to hang out with him. I decided to ponder around town, aimlessly walking, trying to think of a way to end this. As I got home I sat in bed and thought of the perfect plan. I was going to have them all over and end this for good. The next morning I decided to invite everyone over including Apollo. We were going to watch the final of the world cup. As we were all sitting there on my couch cheering on the team we wanted to win, all of my friends had to leave because they all had homework. Apollo did not however and he decided to stay alone with me and watch the world cup. I was not looking forward to this.
            We were both very hungry and even thought I hated the man, I decided to order pizza for both of us. We got two large cheese pizzas and devoured them instantly. The man looked at me and said “thank you very much for buying me pizza and allowing me to watch the world cup at your house”. I slowly replied with a soft “you’re welcome” and we continued to watch the game. Being from the US we both supported USA for soccer and in this world cup, they were in the finals. It was the 90th minute and the US had a free kick against Germany. Before we knew it they had scored and won the game 1-0. Apollo and I were hugging and cheering with grins on our faces.
I hate to say it, but I was having a great time with Apollo. But soon I snapped out of it and remembered why I had him come over my house in the first place. The man was distracted by the television so I grabbed my baseball bat as I came down the stairs. I slowly snuck behind him and winded up for a blow to the back of his head! But something stopped me. I couldn't do it. I realized that he was actually a very nice man and I had a lot of fun hanging out with him. Just as I was about to hit him with the bat, it slowly slipped from my hands and there was a soft thump.      
         



No comments:

Post a Comment