Friday, September 19, 2014

Self Deprication

Nicholas Reynolds
September 16, 2014
Self Deprecation

          I have always had a tendency to overreact when playing video games. This happens especially when playing FIFA 14. Something about getting scored on drives my temper to the point in which I am yelling into the microphone and cussing at the television.  Some people would tell me “it’s just a game”, but in my head I tell myself that it is so much more than a game. It is my life. It is something I enjoy playing and have spent so much time on.

          The score is 1-1 and it is the 90th minute, game just about to end in a tie…then all of a sudden my opponent cuts in and out of my defense making them fall over as if they were pins struck by a bowling ball. His player cocks back his leg and rips a crackling shot just under the crossbar flying into the net. My goalie, not even moving, was completely stunned. Moments later the referee calls the game. It is over, and I have lost, the final score being 2-1. At this point I was fueled.

          Without hesitation I scream and start cussing at my television. That was not enough however. I throw my controller at my wall, putting a dent in it and breaking my controller in the process. The battery pack breaks off of my controller and shoots across my room. Then I hear my mother screaming “What was that”?
I immediately start yelling at her and becoming more and more heated. She does not understand that I have just been relegated on ultimate team, which means I drop down a division and need to start all over battling my way to the top.


          Out of all of this anger, I decide it is time to move on from FIFA. I decided to do what any other FIFA player would do at this point, and that is snapping my disc in half. Goodbye FIFA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment